Advanced AMR offers a complete energy management solution for supervising a variety of utility services.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Lite
- Real time measurement of amperage, AC voltage, run-time, cycle frequency and ambient temperature for end-point equipment to detect pending equipment failure
- Transmission of substation power quality and alarm information.
- Low cost/no cost communications to the sub stations.
- Relay multiple alarm conditions including power outage, tampering, etc.
- Remotely turn off / on end-point equipment to mitigate catastrophic asset failure
- Improve maintenance and service of assets in the field by remotely turning off / on
Measurement & Verification
- Real time energy usage data at 15-minute intervals
- More descriptive information than provided by traditional alternatives.
- Immediate alarms when power outage occurs with outage restoral alarms
- Real-time outage reports with real-time alarm notification via e-mail and/or cell phone
- Improve customer service and maintenance
- Load control status information on end-point equipment e.g., irrigation pump on a real time basis
- Ability to remotely (dis)connect service in high turnover areas (colleges, etc.)
- Remotely turn on/off remote equipment such as irrigation pumps, HVAC units, sewer pumps, etc.
- Shut off meter remotely on delinquent customers for revenue capture
An Advanced AMR SCADA system includes the 8800 EICS platform, one or more wireless concentrators and the following Wireless MIUs:
- AAT 8841 Commercial MIU
- AAT 8830 Wireless Device Controller
- AAT 8840 Residential MIU [still in development i.e., not yet ready for deployment]