The energy industries
requirements for an Advanced AMR platform include multiple types
of information monitoring, management and control. The preferred
solution is a single platform that can meet a variety of needs.
Advanced AMRs innovative solutions offer a wide range of energy
- Low cost AMR communications without expensive infrastructure
- High levels of accuracy and reliability of meter data
- Meter reads on demand, in real time, as frequently as every
Energy Information System (EIS)
- Presenting energy usage data online that is timely and descriptive
- Allow energy administrator or customer to set custom threshold alarms on kW, kWh, and etc.
- If custom threshold energy limits are are exceeded, immediate alarm sent to email or cell phone
- Enable on-line billing to reduce customer service costs.
- Gain immediate feedback on impact of energy use changes on utility
Energy Load Control
- Load control status information on end-point equipment (e.g irrigation pump) available on a real time basis
- Ability to remotely (dis)connect service in high turnover areas
- Remotely turn on/off remote equipment such as irrigation pumps, HVAC
units, sewer pumps, etc.
- Shut off meter remotely on delinquent customers for revenue capture
- Analyze load management data in real time to lower peak demand
and energy bills
- Provide real-time controls to curtail energy consumption.
- Provide customer choice programs by utilities and energy management companies
to give customers a discount in purchasing costs.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Lite
- Real time transmission of substation power quality and alarm
- Low cost/no cost communications to the sub stations.
- Relay multiple alarm conditions including power outage, tampering,
- Track sub-station performance and write outage & notification
Measurement & Verification (M &
- Real time measurement of amperage, AC voltage, run-time, cycle frequency and ambient temperature for end-point equipment to detect pending equipment failure
- Transmission of substation power quality and alarm information
- Low cost/no cost communications to the sub stations
- Relay multiple alarm conditions including power outage, tampering, and etc.
- More descriptive than the information provided by a traditional
Sub-Metering / Aggregate Demand
- Individually or collectively monitor energy consumption online
for specific apartment units, company departments, or shopping
- More accurately allocate costs to customers for billing purposes
- Allow resale of energy to aggregators of landlords
- Analysis tool to view individual and aggregated load profiles
- 15 minute interval data to view timing of the member's energy
- Using this information to buy energy cheaper and sharing savings
- Immediate alarms when power outage occurs with outage restoral alarms
- Real-time outage reports with real-time alarm notification via email and/or cell phone
- Improve customer service and maintenance